Saturday, January 12, 2008

Finally, a home for my new Janome 6500P


Friday was a bit of a disappointing day, missed the Sunshine Coast GTG, the torrential rain and fog on the road to Caboolture was so bad I could barely see the car in front, I couldn't face the double journey so stayed put in Caboolture, maybe next GTG.
I got a Janome 6500P for Christmas, pressy from Greg, (happy dance) that was 18 days ago. As the bed in my sewing table wasn't long enough for the 6500 it needed modifying and this morning I decided that I had waited long enough for help, it took a while but I eventually succeded in enlarging the bed and installing Hal, short for Hallelujah, yes I have been hankering after this machine for quite a while now.
While I was at it I cleaned out a few drawers and shelves. Also got rid of a couple of storage boxes off the floor, still a few under the table but what else do you do with that empty space. Still need to sort out the metal shelving unit but that is for another day, along with book sorting.

No comments: