Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stressy week.....

...but some great times, visited the Spirit House restaurant at Yandina with friends visiting from down south, funniest thing was Son #3, who was befriended by a water dragon, Son offered the dragon a glass of wine, which was politely refused but made a great phone piccy to send off to the girlfriend, he (son that is) then stroked the dragons eye ridges with the end of his napkin, it was love, love, love, that dragon is his forever......


We had some great dishes, I can recommend Spirit House wholeheartedly, not something I do often, and I would just love to gather up the courage to do one of their cooking classes. I have one of their cook-books, given as a pressy, and it features the recipe----l o n g ---recipe, of the whole deepfried fish, that's the fish dish that the locals/regulars chuck a kniption if it's taken from the menu, which of course my particular local/regular ordered for lunch.and a couple of the other dishes....
an entree, you can see peaches but I missed the whole affair!!! arghh.
but Uncle R said Yum, very enjoyable........


This is some kind of Duck Dish,..........Duck!, what's so great about duck.......well all of our sons love duck...me, I never got over having to spit out all those retched pellets...yep, one of the poor unfortunates bought up on "peasant food" that now costs a bundle.

Another view, another plate of the Blessed Duck.----where is the fascination????


Now this dish, an entree, oh Yum,...........this, I can see the fasination, beautiful plump prawns, wrapped with herbs and served with a dipping sauce that none of us has quite manged to identify all of the ingredients, I guess that means another visit.

My dish was the Chicken, why look at duck??

And this is the view across the pond from out table, fantastic.



No comments: