Sunday, March 29, 2009

Colour Streams and other beautiful threads


Have been indulging myself over the past few months, building up a small collection of embroidery threads.


'Noah's Ark', Lynette Anderson's BOM is almost finished.


It was such an enjoyable 'take anywhere' project that when I saw this ever so pretty, free BOM from Cheryl at Willow Berry Designs http://www.willowberrydesigns.typepad.com/ I just couldn't resist.

A visit to Shirley Hagen's Classy Crafts in Chermside to pick up some of the colours Cheryl listed and then lunch with our eldest and the new bride was just the ideal way to spend a rainy day, except that it was only raining up here on the coast. Bonus!

Shirley's business is in an old cottage in Hall Street, it is just chock-a-block full of stock, A real old style Haberdashery/Needlework Supply store

That cute little table under the threads is a little folding number I picked up to use as a work table by my chair, I seem to be getting a bit of a collection of folding tables, with 4 so far, not much of a collection, but isn't more than two of anything a collection?.............seems I read that somewhere or other.

2 comments:

willowberryd said...

Look at the time you posted this story! Ha ha.... I know because I left the sewing and hit the bed at 3.37am this morning :-) 'Just need to put this row together to see how it looks' and before you know it, it's time for morning again!
MAD!!!
Your stories are delightful....
Cheryl xx

clare said...

Hi just stopped in to say hi . I love your blog you have some great things happening .
clares craftroom