Thursday, September 17, 2009

A little lusciousness and a quilters helper arrived in the post

Some months back one of my fave blogers, Gail from Gail Pan's Designs at http://gailpandesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/07/quilters-harvest.html
was introducing a new blogging duo, Del and Shirley from a quilting store in Warracknabeal in Victoria. 
Del and Shirley were launching their 'Mystery Small Project' Club, a quick trip over to  Quilters Harvest http://quiltersharvest.typepad.com/quilters_harvest/ and I was convinced to join the Small Project Club, so now each month I find a little squishy package from them in my mail box.
Del and Shirley choose a beautiful small project each month for your enjoyment.  They provide the pattern, all the fabric, ribbons, floss and whatever else is needed to complete the project and pop it into the mail to you, and today this little gem arrived.  Just what I want, even the candy stripe on the pattern front adds to the feeling of decadent spoiling of oneself and this pattern can be made into either a notemaker or a glasses case. gee, decisions, decisions!
The fabrics and notions choosen by the girls for the Note Book or Glasses Case, I think I will make the note book, how pretty to have this in your bag to just pull out anytime to jot down a note or an appointment.
This little lot,  although not nearly as pretty, certainly got my pulses racing when it arrived yesterday, courtesy of fellow Scquilter Lorna.  As we Aussies know, Press 'n' Seal is no longer available in Aus and if you are in the middle of using this product to quilt a design, its a bit of a feat to change tactics half way through, Thank You so much Lorna, your fatties are winging their way to you in exchange.
The practice squares of free motion quilting are progressing, sadly not as well or as fast as I would like but heck, at least we have progress!.

No comments: