Friday, September 4, 2009

Photo of the Day

Quite a few butterflies flying around the yard today, dozens of these little guys, well it would have to be guys and gals from the butterfly dances that were taking place, very pretty to watch but they didn't sit still for more that a few seconds, I was just lucky to get this pic.
Then this beauty, the only one I saw of him/her with beautiful vibrant colours.
Now I know that as a pic it leaves a lot to be desired, but it was the best I could manage without any help from the wretched butterfly.
Firstly it insisted on staying up high on the bamboo, even gently bending the bamboo closer to the ground didn't work, anything near 6' low and off he flew.  I got this one by standing on the trailer and pointing the camera on full zoom, the whole thing was a bit of a feat that I don't want to repeat.
If you squint at it, with your head tilted just right and possibly your tongue in just the right place, you can make out his little lime green body and a couple of legs, or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

No comments: