Friday, September 11, 2009

Variation on Photo of the Day

Photo of the day is supposed to be something lovely and inspiring, well this is far from lovely, and more frustrating than inspiring, but... I'm reasonably pleased. My first attempt in a very long time at free motion quilting. 
Found a very interesting blog by Leah Day here at http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/
Leah has a project, to create a different free motion design for every day for a year.  So far she is up to day 27.  There are quite a number of videos to show you how and extensive tutorials on each design.  Each days post has a difficulty level, an explanation on directional texture and suggestions for use.  I've got myself a little stack of sandwich samples and plan on practicing a little each day, who knows, maybe one day I will be get a few of those WIP's turned from flimsies to quilts.  Ohhh, the dreams one has.

No comments: