Monday, October 12, 2009

A New Chair for the sewing room


After another dumping from the beastly second chair in my sewing room, resulting in a bit of a meeting between my moosh (face) and the edge of the sewing desk, the Darling got involved and encouraged me  ( with a rather heavy subsidy) to get another chair.  As you can see there isn't a whole lot of extra space in my sewing room, and on the other side of this work station is where I sew the bali flags.
To move the sewing chair from one side of the room to the other should be easy but in reality isn't, especially when the grandies are visiting and have claimed the best seat in the house, so to speak.  Which is how come I was on the beast.  The new chair is a bit upmarket from my usual sewing chair with the addition of a 'lift' lever that allows the seat of the chair to tilt forward.  Perfect for freemotion quilting.  Can't wait to try it out.
So there are now 3 chairs in the sewing room, the beast is a cheapie students chair and will be safe and appreciated by the youngest Grandie, he will now have a chair instead of draging the folding footstool around to sit on.

Photo of the day for Saturday, taken in the driveway of our Eldest and the new Brides home on our last visit.

No comments: