Monday, April 26, 2010

A Beaut Idea......

That poor Disappearing nine patch flimsey, that I am determined to turn into something a tad more useful than dusters is still in the pipeline, but a solution has been found, Quilts for the Cubby!  Brilliant! (even if I do say so myself)
This rather talented Guy has built a wonderful retreat for two Grandaughters, little Miss C, not yet old enough to know about the Cubby.
and Miss L, showing off her new teeth and wearing my glasses, what is it with kids and glasses?, do yours pinch your glasses?
Sis, Nan to the above cuties, visited yesterday to launch the project, unstitched the flimsey at the halfway point, creating two smaller sections, we bought some pink and green homespun and are in the process of bordering each quilt with same.  Decided on a sprinkling of Friendship Stars in the diagonal corners.  Sis, a non quilter, was not impressed when I started her off on H.S.T's, meanie arn't I?
The third star is still in the works for this corner, and how about that pink! vibrant!, it's not quite that bright in real life, but to try and tone it down affects the green - probably a way to fix that.....but....
Lunch was my very own creation, assembled from the usual, you know, what could be found in the fridge! Based on chicken, bacon and basil with a dash of sundried tomatoes, what was not to like?,
Well let me tell you what was not to like!.............poured the pasta into the pot of boiling water and surprise.......lots of these little bodies floated to the top...weevils, ugh!
I love these little mini penne pasta shapes and use them a lot, never buying just one packet, usually 5-6 at a time, and storing them in the freezer,  this is the second time this has happened with this brand of pasta, and of course I have the receipt to return them -not.

Was so upset and distracted, not to mention just a tad ticked off, that I forgot to take a pic of the finished dish for the food blog, just managed to scrape the last of the dish together before someone dived in for that last helping.

We needed a bit of a relax after that, so coffee and a good read was in order, Sis bought along these two cookbooks for us to drool over
......they have gone on the list of what I want to buy soon.......sigh..its a long list.

But before you feel too sorry for me....I got this one yesterday anyway
Donna Hay's newest, chock full of wonderful dishes, I feel a bit of a cooking splurge coming on.
I'm down to supply arvo tea at the cottage soon, am tempted to make this beauty.
Lemony Peach Cake, how yummy does that look, or maybe the berry cupcakes....endless possiblilities.

1 comment:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

HI--this is Di from quiltingisblissful---Thanks for reading my blog site and for leaving a comment--the kitty is not mine--I find alot of cute kitten pictures that I save in a file and I use them here and there as everyone likes kitties--puppies and bunnies too!!
Hugs, Di
Love how your quilt is coming along!