Monday, June 7, 2010

Crazy Patch Thread and Needle Carrier

Spent the day stitching this, its supposed to be a thread and needle carrier, supposed to be, it has a bit of an oopsie though....



I'll tell you how I oopsied.....

My patchwork group is having a crazy patch theme for this years Challenge, we have had lectures and tutorials, well I am not a great embroider, and found the whole crazy patch thing a bit daunting and was going to be a piker, but last night, while writing up the notes for the in house workshop we had on the thread and needle carrier workshop of last week, a brilliant idea surfaced!! Why not do a crazy patch thread and needle carrier!!!, too easy, tiny project, not too much embroidery and I could shorten the flap to make even less work......yay! ... (just proves - self praise really is no recommendation).
I'm sure you have seen the problem........by shortening the flap there is no way you can store the needles..........so I have a thread and one small needle only carrier....
So here is the bottom view and back view of my thread and one needle carrier!........who needs lots of needles anyway!

This is a pic of the finished carriers from our workshop. See the nice long flaps for the needles!
Maybe I could call it a lipstick carrier......perhaps.....ah well, its not gonna get a twin I can tell you that! the wretched thing took all day!......told you I'm no embroiderer.

8 comments:

Joy said...

I think it's really pretty :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Anonymous said...

Good on you for having a go at crazy...I hope it is not your last. You have done a great job.......but it is addictive and allows you to collect a whole lot of new goodies.

Ozjane said...

sorry did not mean to be anonymous...
fingers slipped.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

that is gorgeous ...or should I say they are gorgeous....what a fantastic idea....

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey there! This may not have been the project you planned, but the one you produced is pretty darn cute! And who says you didn't MEAN to make just a THREAD carrier! :0) They all look fabulous - lots of clever clogs stitchers - well done! Bear Hugs! KRIS
PS. thanks for popping over for a visit! :0)

aubirdwoman said...

well I alway say you only can sew with one needle, and if I loose it, I find it. dh is worried about stepping on them.
So I think your one needle thingymajig is fantastic. Is there a pattern.
woops have to go feed the man meat, but will be back later to read your super blog.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Pretty and practical! Love it.

ozjane said...

Well done. I had a two year crazy quilting patch.....now have lots of things to make up...LOL, the story of my life.
But I love it......so cute.
Do you have or have access to either of Judith Baker Montano stitch books. Elegant Stitches is one and Floral Stitches. They helped me a lot..see if your library has them or will get them.
Thanks for the visit, I love getting comments to know who has been..